Upgrading Your EPOS Account
This tutorial will show you how to activate your Ebmbook EPOS account
- Upgrade message: After a period of time, depending on your subscription type, you won’t be able to sign into the software part of Ebmbook EPOS. A notification will pop up (pictured) to notify you to upgrade your license.
- Upgrade page: To begin upgrading the license, log into your EPOS account. Enter your username and password and click ‘Login’.
- Dashboard: After you’ve logged in to the Dashboard screen of your Ebmbook EPOS account (via browser), go into the Setting screen and click on Account Status.
- Account status screen: In the Account Status screen, you’ll be presented with two upgrade options:
- One Off License Package: This is a license that is a one-off payment and never expires (it’s permanent), but only if it’s registered to a similar company. And it can’t be transferred to different companies.
- Subscription Package: Just as the name implies: you can pay for a monthly or yearly subscription of the EBMBook EPOS software. For the up-to-date prices, please refer to the Prices Page.
- Payment Form: Select the upgrade type you want (in this case I clicked One Off License Package) and fill in the payment form. Type the following:
- Your address
- The city you’re situated in
- The local state
- ZIP (or postal code)
- The country you live in
- Your name as it appears on the card
- The long card number
- The expiration date (MM/YY)
- The CVC code (three digit code on the back of the card)
When you’ve finished, click the dark blue button at the bottom of the form (e.g. ‘PAY ONE-OFF’, circled in red).
What pops up next is the following screen, confirming the processing of the payment:
The page will automatically refresh and be followed by this message:
Click the ‘Check Account Status’ button. You’ll be taken back to the Account Status screen from earlier. The license should be activated, but you’ll need to head back to the front end software (outside of the browser) to check if it’s working.
Open the EBMBook EPOS Software on your desktop or device (or wherever you’ve installed it) as normal:
Select your username, enter your pin and click ‘Login’:
I’ve successfully logged in and can continue using the software normally, meaning the license upgrade and payment were successful. If there was a problem or the payment wasn’t successful, there would be an error message on the login screen (see the first screenshot of this tutorial).
If there any issues, contact Ebmbook EPOS through the Contact Us page.
A reminder: This tutorial is written with the notion that you’re accessing the Ebmbook software through a PC or laptop. If you are using a touchscreen terminal, tablet or smartphone, the same directions apply but with your finger instead of the mouse.