How to Add Notes
This tutorial will show you how to leave notes for others in Ebmbook EPOS
1) Memo Screen
- Memos Screen: To begin leaving a note to other staff, click the upper-left corner icon in the Ebmbook EPOS to release the drop-down menu. Then click Memos to access that part of the EPOS.
- Add new note: You’ll be presented with the following screen, which includes all notes from every user in the EPOS. You can use the search bar near the top to locate specific notes or add a new note by clicking the + button at the top right of the screen. Do this now to add a new note (circled in red):
- A window (Add Note Window) will pop up with a text box and three options:
- Standard note: Any typical note can go with this option and be about anything.
- Customer note: This is to leave a note for staff about a customer. Select the customer from the drop-down menu provided.
- Item note: A note can be left about any item in particular. This is necessary, for example, if you require said item to be restocked.
For the sake of this tutorial, I’ve selected a standard note. Click ‘Save Note’ button at the bottom of the window to save the note.
- Result: The note is saved and can be viewed by all users/employees.
2) Leave note on order: If you want to leave a note on an order, then simply add items to the order and click the ‘Add Note’ button on the top right of the order menu.
Type a brief message you want to leave for staff on this order. Click the red x at the top right of the window to close it. The note will still be intact when you click ‘Add Note’ again.
A reminder: This tutorial is written with the notion that you’re accessing the Ebmbook software through a PC or laptop. If you are using a touchscreen terminal, tablet or smartphone, the same directions apply but with your finger instead of the mouse.